Change Is the Path to Success...

Einstein said, 'Take a choice to make a chance on a change...'

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Personal Statement for Beijing Practicum

PERSONAL STATEMENT

I have heard about the Global Business Practicum program since I was in the first year of my master degree, but I have rarely paid much attention on this project as I am supposed to study and then return home (Cambodia). However, this obsolete idea has been moving away from me from day to day when I jump into the Australian labor market. Every employer always expects highly from each candidate, and they want those are ready to work in the global business arena and merge their differences into their ad-hoc teams. This is my first attention and also a different view on GBP.

China is the most prominent player in the integrated capitalized economy. It is one of the best places to see the world market’s movement, and (maybe) grasp some benefits from its skyrocketing business opportunity. I strongly believe that good education is not theories per se, but I must be able to put those models into the changing world, and be ready to adapt to the business of multi cultures and backgrounds. This is why China is a good place to learn to do and learn to share, and vice versa.

The first day I arrived the University of Melbourne I saw and remember two phrases: “Dream large” and “Why follow a leader if you can be one! These two phrases wake me up from the deep sleep into religious views and hopeless heart. With the two phrases built in mind, I always try to find out how to build a foreseeable dream and to realize it with my leadership and management skills. One year later, I have a deep understanding and build my own words, and disseminate it to my friends: “Do not let anyone to manage your destiny! Stand up and control it by yourself!” Frankly, I have set up a team which will bring up a one stop-service company and a research institute in Cambodia in the next few years. These always tell me I have to learn not only “why” but also “how.” “Why” in this context is to deeper understand the
theories, whereas “How” means how to apply those models into practices.

I would confess that work as a team is hard, but personal leadership and management talent can bring the team to goal. This is what I have learnt from the rigorous program of Melbourne School of Business and Economics in the last fourteen months. That is why my teams always performed well in every assigned task: group assignment’s average score is 80+.

Together with clear objectives, talent and teamwork skill, I am ready to be on board with others and bring values to my proud university.


Best regards,
Rithjayasedh PEOU
347642
Master of Finance